VP / Director - Finance & Legal
We are looking for an experienced and a hands on professional to join us in our core team to lead all finance and legal functions. pi Ventures is an emerging deep tech and AI fund based out of Bangalore. We raised 225CR INR in our first fund and in advance stage of deployment on fund 1. Fund 2 raise is also well under way.
Role & Responsibilities
Functional: The person will lead the strategy and execution of all aspects on finance and legal functions of pi with outsourced teams across the following dimensions
- Portfolio Reporting - Regular MIS and runtime support on their requirements
- Deal Paperwork - Work with an external legal team to lead all terms sheets / SHA / closure required for consummating a deal
- Fund Accounting - All aspects of fund accounting / reporting / compliances / Regulatory approvals etc with the help of an outsourced team
- Limited Partner : All aspects of LP reporting / capital calls / reporting and compliance with the help of an external team
- EcoSystem Relationships (build and maintain) with peers in the ecosystem (CFOs, investors, bankers, auditors, etc.)
We already have external teams in place for legal and finance work. Role is to lead their work on both strategic and tactical front.
Soft Aspects: Role is critical to our growth as we are managing two funds now. The position is one of leadership - the candidate is expected to show a very high level of responsibility and will be given autonomy in operating the various functions. Role will report directly to the Founding Partner of the fund.
Since the role involves working with multiple third parties and external teams, the candidate is expected to have top notch communication skills and leadership skills to build and manage these relationships.
Position is based out of Bangalore. In the short term, since we are all working from home, we are open to start with folks outside Bangalore as well.
Background Qualifications and Skills
- First priority will be given to folks with existing experience in funds finance / legal roles.
- Top notch experience in finance and accounting with at least 8-12 years of relevant experience. CA degree is a must.
- Entrepreneurial nature is highly desirable
- Expertise level in financial modeling and valuations
- Professional level expertise in excel / word / ppt
- Self motivated and attention to detail and ability to build long term relationships and partnerships
We are an emerging fund. You will be given competitive salary with appropriate carry allocation in Fund 1 as well as subsequent funds.
How to Apply
Please apply here. Do not send an email. Window will close on April 25th 2021.
Preference given to candidates who can join in 1-2 months time.